I am my parents’ first child.
- I have been a mother for one sixth of my life.
- I have had 16 homes.
- I have worked in four countries and had 11 employers.
- I shared my birthday with my great Oncle Jacques.
- I think of my mother every day.
- My son is 15 and my father is 85.
- My sister and her husband have three clever and beautiful daughters.
- I was 49 when I had breast cancer.
- Both my grandmothers had two sisters.
- I was approved to adopt a year to the day after submitting my application.
- I bought our flat on J’s first birthday, more than five years before I first met him.
- My mother died on J’s sister’s 21st birthday.
- Today is my birthday.
- Oncle Jacques, if he he were still alive, would be 100 years old today.
I am linking this post up to the Adoption Social’s Weekly Adoption Shout Out #WASO 75, on the theme of Timekeeping, 12th July 2014.